Wellisford Manor Barn is located in a beautiful peaceful valley only 45 minutes from Bristol and 2 hours 30 minutes from London. It is surrounded by wonderful unspoilt countryside - the Blackdown Hills, Quantocks and Exmoor, where wild ponies and deer can be easily seen. This beautiful self-catering accomodation offers a perfect launch pad for country pursuits in Somerset, from horse riding & shooting holidays through to a relaxing break with your dogs.
The property makes an ideal touring base for South Somerset and North Devon. To the north are the sandy beaches of Saunton, Croyde & Woolacombe offering surfing and other water sports. Watchet Marina, Minehead and the medieval village of Dunster, with its magnificent castle are also nearby. While to the south you'll find the beautiful Jurassic South Coast, with all its many popular beauty spots and attractions, including Topsham, Branscombe, and Beer which have all proved popular with our visitors. Powderham Castle, Cothay Manor and the National Trust properties at Killerton, Barrington, and Knightshayes Court are also worth a visit.
There are many wonderful country pubs nearby. Many serve the excellent locally brewed Cotleigh Beers.
There are many attractions which are suited for children, a few of our favourites are listed below.
- The unbeatable Diggerland, where you can drive on and in real JCBS.
- Tropiquaria has lots of animals to see and handle, and an adventure playground.
- The West Somerset Steam Railway can take you on a trip along a charming pictuesque route. Starting from Bishops Lydeard then through the hilly area of the Quantock and Brendon Hills and finishing with a coastal run from Watchet to Minehead.
There are of course lots of attractions in Somerset, but if you are only coming for a weekend, how about leaving the car in the drive, taking a picnic down to the river and letting the children play in the shallow river, jumping onto the little shingle islands, watching the wildlife and breathing in the peace. With room to sleep 12 to 14 people it's an ideal location for reunions and family gatherings in Somerset.
From the north
- Leave the M5 at junction 26. Follow signs to Wellington.
- From Wellington, turn right at the 2nd set of traffic lights on the B3187 sign-posted 'Milverton and Wiveliscombe'.
- Remain on this road for 2.4 miles.
- Turn left into Langford Budville.
- Take the 2nd right past the church.
- Drive approx 100m up hill to a crooked crossroads. Go straight over, through the woods and down the hill.
- Go to the bottom of the valley and over the stone bridge.
- The barn is the first property on the left, you will see a stone sign saying 'Wellisford Manor Barn'.
From the south
- Leave the M5 at junction 27. Follow signs to Wellington.
- Continue from point 2 above.....